Deadline for submission of statement; Monday, 28 August 21:00 UTC
Publicity offer to the candidates
This is directed to the candidates for the board of the WMF; I am user:Walter. I make the weekly newsletter Wikizine. It is the hope to get with Wikizine the message to the global community of the Wikimedia projects. Wikizine is not succeeding in that yet. But it is the closed thing there is to get a message to as much as possible people of all projects besides the sitenotice.
Candidates for the board can if the wish give me a text for publication in Wikizine. This to present themselves to the community. What you write is up to you. I offer you space, you fill it like you see fit. I think you best assume that the reader has not (yet) read you statement on meta. There is a link on the sitenotice to it on most wikis but I am very sceptical that many people are clicking on it and reading it. I would say; try to write something to present yourself, to give a good impression and invite people to go to meta read more or that the contact you.
To give an idea about the available space see Wikizine/Example-2. That contains 2 dummy statements, the are about 300 words with a couple with lines between it. Try to not make it lager then that. Shorter is fine also.
Who asks first gets a first a spot in Wikizine.
- Add you name to list below
- Write you statement and post it on my talk page
Please ask me if there are questions.
- The following candidates have requested a spot;
- Erik Moeller -> statement received -> published in number 39 extra Done
- Cimon Avaro -> statement received -> published in number 39 extra Done
- ArnoLagrange -> statement received -> published in number 39 extra BIS Done
- Ross Hedvicek -> statement received -> published in number 39 extra BIS Done
- UninvitedCompany -> statement received -> published in number 39 extra BIS Done
- Charles Matthews -> statement received -> published in number 40 extra Done
- Cartman02au (Nathan Carter) -> statement received -> Withdrawn Not done
- oscar -> statement received -> published in number 40 extra Done