< Wikivoyage | Summit | Archive
The following is an archive of former summits, and should not be edited further.
- The module Prix/Data used by the template Prix (price) as presented in December 2016 is now updated automatically by a bot.--Adehertogh (talk) 13:11, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
- The map in the quickbar uses the Kartographer extention and the automatic mapmask for openstreepmap (Modèle:Carte-Contour) if there is no localy definited mask Modèle:Carte-Masque.--Adehertogh (talk) 13:11, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
We are compiling the lists of cultural heritage monuments for Russia, using various databases, federal and local ones. In January 2017, the number of monuments we have in the Wikivoyage surpassed the number of monuments in the largest (known) database, making the Wikivoyage the largest database of Russian cultural heritage.--Ymblanter (talk) 21:23, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
- Wonderful! Have you thought about linking each to a Wikidata item? Cultural heritage monuments are notable enough for a Wikidata item I think, so you could create the ones that do not exist yet. Keep up the great work! Syced (talk) 06:47, 17 February 2017 (UTC)
- Wikidata Listings: https://de.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Nanxun#Unterkunft is a featured article where a lot of information relies on Wikidata. In particular, hotels were also defined from Wikidata but the items got deleted, after discussion with Wikidata administrators this kind of deletion was accidental and should not happen anymore.
- Wikivoyage association is now a Wikimedia User Group.
- 1.000.000 edits reached in the morning of April 26.
- After reprogramming the vCard/Listing template the listing editor was adapted for the needs of the German Wikivoyage.
- A Wikivoyage editor workshop took place in Hungarian town of Pilisvörösvár organized by Denis Barthel. Ten pupils of the Friedrich Schiller Gymnasium wrote about their home town and made a lot of photographs which were uploaded to Wikimedia Commons.
- Almost all lint errors were removed. Now there are only a few false positives which could not be removed because of a software bug.
- The Wikivoyage banners are being used by a webapp produced by the French Wikipedia, see for instance https://macommune.wikipedia.fr/Q279681/Thouars This means our efforts also benefit other projects. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Syced (talk)
- User DerFussi took part at the Wikimania 2017 in Montreal. In the Community Village he presented Wikivoyage as an exhibitor with a poster entitled "Wikivoyage - features and needs". The poster and the lightning talks are presented on Wikimedia Commons. The presentation of features developed by Wikivoyage users was received with great interest.
- The listing template was extended with a popup window showing the main information of a location in different languages. In particular to be used on smartphones, Wikivoyage readers can ask taxi drivers and pedestrians to take them to the location.
- The listing template and the editor were improved.
- Marker tooltip script was added to show coordinates and links to map tools.
- RolandUnger took part at the WikidataCon 2017 in Berlin and gave the lecture Inserting data to Wikivoyage templates. On occasion of Wikidata's 5th birthday we posted birthday greetings.
- We introduced the MapTools.js script showing additional maps including a map which is connected with the Geo indicator.
- We proposed Kartographer improvements at the 2017 Community Wishlist Survey. Part of the wish list was the introduction of zoom level 19 and the display of location names in the wiki language. The proposal became number 1 of all proposals. We thank all supporters.