Wikipedian in Residence at Goge Africa/Timeline
Please prepare a brief project update each month, in a format of your choice, to share progress and learnings with the community along the way. Submit the link below as you complete each update.
Members of our community met with the partner to discuss the planning of the project. We highlighted key area of needs from our team and what our community needed from the partner.
- It was agreed that the partner will provide a working space for the WIR.
- Designate a member of staff for guiding our WIR for the naming and description of contents to be provided by the client.
- We agreed on days for Wikipedia training .
- We agreed to visit the partner's office at least 2 days in a Week.
The client informed our community of the need to suspend the project for two months because they need to travel for summer trip for shooting of their programs. The project was agreed to resume in the month of November 2017.
on hold due to the reasons stated above
Project extension approved till march 2018
We met with our partner on 22rd November 2017. We discussed the modality of the project. The agenda includes:
- Use of their contents from their archive
- Written permission to Wikimedia Commons support team (OTRS Team)
- Redesigning a calendar for the visiting Wikipedian in Residence.
- Workshops and training of staff members
- Media coverage of events.
Timeline of eventEdit
November & Decemnber;
- The month of November & December have been earmarked for uploading sessions.
- January 2017 has been fixed for various training on Wikimedia related projects.
- In February, we will focus on the use of images uploaded on English, Yoruba, and Hausa Wikipedia articles
- Invitations of non-Wiki based organization to learn and evaluste the project this would be published on major newspapers in Nigeria