New England Edit
- user:Phoebe and Wikimedia New England
- On January 15 at 12:30 ET, join a panel discussion by contributors to Wikipedia @20: Stories from an incomplete revolution, published by MIT Press, as they discuss the history and future of Wikipedia. What's changed -- or even flipped -- over the 20 years of Wikipedia's development, and what has stayed the same?
Panelists will include:
- Joseph Reagle, collection editor, The Many (Reported) Deaths of Wikipedia
- Jackie Koerner, collection editor, Wikipedia Has a Bias Problem
- Brian Keegan, computational social scientist researching Wikipedia's coverage of current events, An Encyclopedia with Breaking News
- Phoebe Ayers, Wikipedia and Libraries
- Alexandria Lockett, Why Do I Have Authority to Edit the Page? The Politics of User Agency and Participation on Wikipedia
- Denny Vrandečić, Collaborating on the Sum of All Knowledge Across Languages
- Benjamin Mako Hill, The Most Important Laboratory for Social Scientific and Computing Research in History
- Siân Evans, What We Talk About When We Talk About Community
- Stephen Harrison, From Anarchy to Wikiality, Glaring Bias to Good Cop: Press Coverage of Wikipedia’s First Two Decades
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Boston/Wikipedia_20 for more information.