Wikimedistas de Colombia/Grupo de usuarios/Report 2014-2015
This report shows some facts about the Wikimedistas de Colombia User Group activity during its first year as a recognized user group.
Activities & event participationEdit
- [30 jun-6 jul] Participation in Campus Party Colombia 2014 with one talk and a workshop.
- [1 sep - 31 oct] Wiki Loves Monuments Colombia 2014: full organization.
- [oct 2014] Short Wikipedia, Commons & Wikivoyage workshop series at Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana, Bucaramanga. This series was aimed at students and professors.
- [31 oct-3 nov] Participation in Vikivortarmanio Medellín 2014 with two talks and a workshop. Vikivortarmanio was an event run during the Esperanto Congress 2014, which included some Wikimedia-related activities in Esperanto. It was created as a way of celebrating the 10th aniversary of the Esperanto Wiktionary.
- [21-23 nov] Participation in Iberoconf 2014.
- [13-14 jan] Short 2-day academic course: Curso corto de Introducción a los proyectos Wikimedia, at Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana, Bucaramanga. The course was aimed at university professors, and covered several topics: copyright and copyleft, the Wikimedia Projects, and their use on education. It also included a couple of short discussions about these topics.
- [8 mar-12 apr] Help with the organization process of the La mujer que nunca conociste contest.
- [27 mar] Wikipedia workshop in Universidad del Valle.
- [18-19 jun] Confirmed participation of two members of the group in Encuentro de Activistas Digitales de Lenguas Indígenas, a meeting focused on Colombian indigenous languages. Their participation is expected to be active, so they will probably run a workshop or give some active talks.
Currently active membersEdit
Defined as members who actively participated in at least one of the listed activities or events.
Difficulties and solutionsEdit
- We have had some minor coordination issues (e.g. non reported or documented activities, lack of sync between people in charge of activities, etc.). We are planning to address them by creating some coordinator figures for the group in order to give it a lightweight but defined structure.
- Our work hasn't been visible for people who wants to know more about us. As a solution, we are finishing the creation of a blog to publish everything we do there.
- Some of our activities (mainly WLM) have needed some financial support. We have supplied it with the help of WMF grants. As a side effect of receiving WM grants, we created a shared bank account for the group's use.