Wikimedians of the Year
Wikimedians of the Year is an informal group of individuals publicly named Wikimedian of the Year by Wikipedia founder and Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees member Jimmy Wales. The idea for this informal group came up in discussions during Wikimania-2019 and was supported by all attending WOTYs.
|“||The result of hard work is more hard work.||”|
We publicly pledge to be
- living true to the Vision, Mission, Founding principles, Purpose, Direction, Strategy, Goals and Values that unite global Wikimedia movement and all its stakeholders.
- serving as role-models inspiring others and helping them grow into strong experienced Wikimedians.
- welcoming and promoting Diversity in our communities on & offline.
- working towards bridging gaps and overcome biases we observe
- Demmy (2012)
- Rémi Mathis (2013)
- Emily Temple-Wood (2016)
- Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight (2016)
- Felix Nartey (2017)
- Farhad Fatkullin (2018)
- Emna Mizouni (2019)
- Sandister Tei (2020)
- Jay Prakash (Technical Innovator, 2021)
- Farhad's words during Wikimedia blog interview & Wikimania-2019 participation
- Émna's words during Wikimedia blog interview
- Wikimedian of the Year on Wikipedia