Wikimedians of the Uzbek language User Group/Reports/2020-2021
This is the first annual report for the Wikimedians of the Uzbek language User Group. It details activities from 15 December 2020 (the date when the user group was established) to 31 December 2021.
- April 1-30: Wikipedia Central Asian Month (page on the Uzbek Wikipedia)
- November 1-30: Wiki Loves Uzbekistan (page on the Uzbek Wikipedia) (only some members of the user groups were involved in this event)
- December 1-31, 2021: Wikipedia Book Month 2021 (page on the Uzbek Wikipedia)
Throughout 2021, members of the user group focused on recruiting new contributors by developing tutorials and conducting online and offline lessons. In particular, the the group established its own YouTube channel and recorded the first video lesson in Uzbek explaining how to contribute to projects of the Wikimedia Foundation. Additionally, throughout the year user group members answered hundreds of questions of new and experienced users and provided general support to them in the Telegram group of the Uzbek Wikipedia.
Reports in local mediaEdit
In 2021, the following articles about the activities of the user group were published in local media outlets:
- Viki Oʻzbekistonni sevadi marafoni, Grantlar, 28 October 2021
- Ташкентские школьники планируют пополнить узбекский раздел Википедии на 1000 статей, Dunyo.news, 7 May 2021
- Umumiy sovrin jamgʻarmasi $350 boʻlgan „Markaziy Osiyo oyligi“ musobaqasi, Effort, 4 April 2021
Membership and futureEdit
The user group continues to have around 10 members and approximately 20 registered overall. Looking into the year 2022 and beyond, the Wikimedians of the Uzbek language User Group is looking to involve more of its members in coordinating events. More broadly, we look to contribute to Movement Strategy discussions, particularly those spearheaded by the Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network.