Wikimedians for Sustainable Development/Potential activities
Feel free to add any ideas that members of Wikimedians for Sustainable Development, together or individually, could do to further our goals. Ideas do not need to be fully fleshed out projects, but try to be specific enough that other people can understand them. Also feel free to create further subpages if you do have a lot of details for your idea and put a link on this page.
Posting an idea here does not imply responsibility for doing them. See this a brainstorming list where anyone is free to post or pickup ideas. SDG Knowledge Hub has an events calendar that could be used as inspiration.
- We could encourage people that care about the climate and/or environment to create an account and put some articles on their watchlist in order to keep them free from vandalism. More thoughts on Space.
- Get people to help categorize the images in Category:Our World In Data so that they can easier be found and reused in articles.
- Support Wikimedia Foundation giving our availability to answer, as a group of volunteers or paid collaborators, for every concern related to sustainability.
- Contact local and global organizations related to sustainability to propose them to collaborate on Wikimedia projects and providing them guidance for collaborating (e.g. to create and improve articles on Wikipedia related to sustainability or to take part on Wikimedians for Sustainable Development user group).
Events to attendEdit
We could organize some type of activity during the following days. These are according to the International Days by the UN.
- March 3: World Wildlife Day
- March 21: International Day of Forests, the theme this year is "Forest restoration: a path to recovery and well-being"
- March 22: Water Day
- April 22: Earth Day
- Second Saturday of May & second Saturday of October: World Migratory Day
- May 20: Bee Day
- May 22: Biological Diversity Day
- First Monday of October Habitat Day
- From October 13 to 17 there are several days: Disaster Reduction Day; rural women; world food day and poverty eradication.
- October 31: World Cities Day
- November 6: Environment in war protection Day
- December 5: World Soil Day