Current (as of September, 2005) hardware to-buy list:
3 database slave boxes for Florida, 12k$ each, 36k$ in totaldone, Sep14 cisco 3560 48 gigabit port switch, for Florida, ~8000$ some cisco 2950G-48s for apache access switches, ~$2.5k 1 ordered Sep16. One more left.
- NOT 2950G-48s! They are fast ethernet switches with 2 GBICs. We need 2948G-GEs...
30 multipurpose (application server) boxes, ~2500$ each, 75000$
If possible, massive expansion (100-200 multipurpose application servers) would be AWESOME.
1 completely dedicated NFS storage server, instead of zwinger (zwinger would remain management server, but with remote mounted files)
- Power distribution unit
- UPSes for several machines
- More serial console servers. an LS SCS480R (48 ports, this is pretty much the same as what we have now) is ~$2,900.
- Spares for components which often fail, especially hard drives.
- hardware RAID controller: maybe one of these (9TB for EUR8k), or the FC version (+1kEUR)