Wikimedia movement affiliates/hil
The current Wikimedia affiliation models was developed by the Movement roles project. Development began in 2010 after discussion at the Chapters meeting 2010 and was approved unanimously by the Board of Trustees on March 31, 2012. The Affiliations Committee advises and makes recommendations regarding the recognition and existence of Wikimedia movement affiliates.
News from the Affiliations Committee:
- 2022-08-03 The Tyap Wikimedians Proposed User Group was recognized as a Wikimedia affiliated usergroup.
- 2022-07-11 AffCom published their standing on hubs and the role the Commitee can take in developing these new Wikimedia structures.
- 2022-07-08 The Women in Religion User Group was recognized as a Wikimedia affiliated usergroup.
- 2022-04-09 Joy Agyepong and Benoît Prieur have been appointed to the Affiliations Committee as new members. In addition, incumbent member Mehman Ibragimov has been re-appointed for an additional term.
- 2022-01-14 The Affiliations Committee has officially appointed Camelia Boban as Chair, Jeffrey Keefer as Vice-Chair, Houcemeddine Turki as Secretary, and Suyash Dwivedi as Treasurer, for a one-year term.
- 2021-12-19 The AffCom is seeking new members and advisors! Applications are accepted from January 1 to January 31. Also, everyone can share endorsement and comments for prospective members and advisors.
- 2021-11-08 Paiwan Wikimedians User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
Wikimedia chapters (38)
Chapters are incorporated independent non-profits representing the Wikimedia movement and supporting movement work globally, focused within a specific geography.
Thematic organizations are incorporated independent non-profits representing the Wikimedia movement and supporting work focused on a specific theme, topic, subject or issue within or across countries and regions.
Wikimedia user groups (138)
User groups are open membership groups with an established contact person and history of projects, designed to be easy to form.