Wikimedia chapters/Reports/Wikimedia Nederland/20203
Communication and publicityEdit
- De Volkskrant In de oorlog om de feiten durven vrouwen nog te weinig | In the war for the facts women still dare too little
- Blik op nieuws Wikipedia: 2 miljoen artikelen | Wikipedia: 2 million articles
- Computer Idee Nederlandse Wikipedia bereikt kaap van 2 miljoen artikelen | Dutch Wikipedia reaches 2 million articles
- Tweakers Nederlandstalige Wikipedia behaalt mijlpaal van 2 miljoen artikelen | Dutch-language Wikipedia achieves milestone of 2 million articles
- Dutch Cowboys Nederlandse Wikipedia heeft inmiddels 2 miljoen artikelen | Dutch Wikipedia now has 2 million articles
Two media donations by Nationaal Museum van WereldculturenEdit
In March 2020, the Nationaal Museum van Wereldculturen (the parent organization of the Tropenmuseum) has contributed two new collections to Wikimedia Commons.
Collection Josephine PowellEdit
On the occasion of International Women's Day 2020, the Nationaal Museum van Wereldculturen has uploaded over 800 images to Wikimedia Commons, consisting of photographs of objects from the collection of photographer Josephine Powell.
Josephine Powell spent a lot of time in the muslim world. Thousands of everyday objects from that region, collected by Powell, have now become part of the collections of the Nationaal Museum van Wereldculturen.
- View, and help categorize, the collection on Wikimedia Commons.
- Read a blog post about this media donation (in Dutch)
A second media donation in March 2020 consist of more than 500 digitized photographs, taken between the late 19th and 20th Century. The photographs fit into Wikimedia Nederland's thematic project Nederland en de wereld (The Netherlands and the world); they depict people, culture and buildings in regions with which the Netherlands has historical connections. This specific set of photos includes historical images of Bengal, Southern Africa, Siberia and Ghana.
Student research on GLAM-Wiki at Erasmus University RotterdamEdit
A group of students at Erasmus University Rotterdam, led by scholar Trilce Navarrete, has researched the value propositions for cultural institutions (especially museums) of working with Wikimedia platforms. Wikimedia Nederland has provided mentorship in this course.
Gendergap event in the context of International Women's Day
As part of International Women's Day, Wikimedia Nederland organised a special Gendergap WikiZaterdag. During this WikiZaterdag, 50 Wikimedians met each other at the office of Wikimedia Nederland in Utrecht, followed introductory workshops and gave presentations on reducing the gender gap. For most participants, this was their first introduction to Wikimedia projects. Take a look at the pictures on Wikimedia Commons.
During this WikiZaterdag a reporter from de Volkskrant was present. She wrote about this event in her column and the following Monday Wikipedian Ciell was interviewed by the NPO1 radio programme Stax&Toine. All in all we look back on a beautiful WikiZaterdag