Wikimedia chapters/Reports/Wikimedia Nederland/201409
This is the chapter report for Wikimedia Nederland for September 2014
COMMUNITY: supporting and mobilising volunteers and editorsEdit
- Two wikisaturdays took place in September on the 13th and 27th of September. Members and other interested people could ask questions about the (then) concept year plan for 2015 to the board on the 13th. They could do that in person at our office, through a Skype call and on IRC. This was organised in advance to the general meeting where the year plan was discussed.
- Wikimedia Conference Nederland
WORK: content, collaboration and activity developmentEdit
- Project Nature
- The writing event in cooperation with the natural history museum Naturalis took place on October 5, around the theme of nature in the Netherlands. Around 11 new and existing editors participated in the editing event. This event was also the awards ceremony for Wiki Loves Earth NL 2014 (jury report where 17 visitors attended.
- National Library donates 1571 atlas of the world
- Wikipedian in Residence Husky uploaded 200 pages of Theatrum Orbis Terrarum (Theatre of the World), which is considered by many to be the first modern atlas. The author, Abraham Ortelius, is one of the most important cartographers and geographers in the history of the world. Read more about the donation in This Month in GLAM, view all the images here.
- Wiki loves libraries
- The monthly local training in the public library of Amersfoort were continued in september by volunteers of WMNL. 3 new interested people visited the training.
- Wikipedians in Residence meeting
- The monthly meeting of Dutch Wikipedians in Residence took place on the 29th of September, the notes are public(Dutch).
- Literary Museum
- The September newsletter was published.
- GLAMout Global
- General meeting
- The general members meeting took place on September 20. The year plan and budget for 2015 have been approved by the members.
- Wikimedia Nederland Conference, Utrecht, November 1.
- Wikipedia beginners course, Zeeuwse Bibliotheek, Middelburg, November 11.
- GLAM Hackathon, Amsterdam, November 14 - 16.
- workshop Wikidata for GLAMs, Amsterdam, November 14.
- Wikipedia intermediate course, Zeeuwse Bibliotheek, Middelburg, November 25.
- Writing event on World War II at NIOD, Amsterdam, November 29.
- Presentation year plan 2015 to partner organisations, December 1.
- GLAMwiki Conference 2015, tbd, April 10-11-12 2015
These events are relevant to the Netherlands and/or Dutch language Wikimedia-projects but were not organised by WMNL:
- Wiki voice project
- Dutch Wikipedians have adopted the Wiki voice project. WMNL is encouraging volunteer to join this project, a USB microphone and other equipment can be borrowed from WMNL.