Wikimedia chapters/Reports/Wikimedia Nederland/201209
This is the Chapter report for Wikimedia Nederland for September 2012
- For the third year running, September was Wiki Loves Monuments month. In the Netherlands, special 'Wiki Takes' events were held in the historic towns Gouda (Sept. 8) and Utrecht (Sept. 23). With Gouda, we pioneered a separate photography contest for municipal monuments and we used the Creative Commons Caravan for the first time. WMNL volunteers also played a leading role in Wiki Loves Monuments International, resulting in a record number of images uploaded to Wikimedia Commons.
- Board member for cultural projects Sandra Fauconnier attended GLAMcamp London.
- Sandra Fauconnier and WMNL director Sandra Rientjes had a meeting with representatives from the Dutch Royal Library and National Archive, who are interested in working closely together with Wikimedia Netherlands. This meeting will be followed up by a community brainstorm at the WMNL office on Oct. 27, and a 'behind the screens' visit and meeting at the Dutch Royal Library on Nov. 24.
- Sandra Fauconnier had a first meeting with representatives from the project Europeana Fashion, which will organize approx. 5 edit-a-thons about fashion heritage in partnerships with European Wikimedia chapters and fashion museums. A Dutch Wikimedia edit-a-thon is being planned for May 2013 at Centraal Museum Utrecht, which hosts a prominent fashion collection.
- CoSyne project. During the last project meeting in Berlin decisions were taken concerning the end-user tests and presentation of the project results during a 'showcase meeting' early february 2013. Wikimedia Germany is invited to join the end-user tests for Cosyne and to present their Render project during the show case meeting.
- On September 15, WMNL organised a 'Wiki-Saturday' meeting about Cosyne to demonstrate the prototype for Wiki synchronisation and translation
- A project was initiated to facilitate the uploading of image collections that have been donated to WMNL. The search is on for a technically skilled person who can play a role in this project, which will also be a testcase for the Europeana mass upload tool.
Press and outreachEdit
- WMNL participated in the Dutch Software Freedom Day, Centre for Mathematics and Information Technology at the University of Amsterdam. WMNL contributions were a stand in the conference hall and a presentation and demonstration of CoSyne [] by our member Amit Bronner.
- Article about the successful collaboration between Teylers Museum and WMNL in Teylers Magazijn, the quaterly magazine of the museum.
- Email newsletter sent out early september to all members and other relations of WMNL
- A new Dutch leaflet on Wikipedia was published.
- Preparations got well under way for the annual Wikimedia Conferentie Nederland, which will take place November 9th. The event is organised by a team consisting of volunteers, board members and staff.
Board and StaffEdit
- Director, Treasurer and Secretary cooperated to complete WMNL's FDC application.
- A General Assembly (members meeting) was held on September 23th, during which the Members discussed and approved the WMNL Strategy 2013-2015 + the Annual Plan and Budget 2013.
- Board Member Sandra Fouconnier visited the GLAMcamp in London 15-16 September.