Wikimedia chapters/Reports/Wikimedia Nederland/201207
This is the Chapter report for Wikimedia Nederland for July 2012
Content projects Edit
- Results of 3 smaller surveys under Dutch student population became available. The surveys cover subjects such as willingness to contribute to Wikimedia and willingness to support and edit Wikipedia.
- Cultural projects: board member Sandra Fauconnier had a first exploratory meeting with Peter Gorgels, head of digital projects at Rijksmuseum Amsterdam. Rijksmuseum is interested in collaborating with Wikimedia NL, among others through image uploads and providing access to its API.
- Cultural projects: follow-up meeting with Tropenmuseum in preparation of the project plan outlining the Wikipedian in Residence, scheduled for 2013.
Technical projects Edit
- CoSyne project. List of 30 Wikipedia articles that cover various subjects compiled and issued to project manager. These articles will serve as a text corpus for the test environment.
Press and outreach Edit
- Brochure about the Nedersaksisch Wikipedia (nds) was produced by community members through funding of WMNL.
- Wikimedia NL is competing in a advertisement challenge of a prestigious Dutch Newspaper (NRC Charity Awards) for non-profit organizations. Dutch student Tijs van der Brom has designed, especially for this occasion, an advert for Wikimedia NL in which becomes visible that we are a volunteer driven organization.
- Article on Wiki Loves Monuments in "Monumenten"
Other meetings Edit
- Wikimania in Washington with several Dutch participants: four Dutch Wikimedians were supported by the association, and several others by other institutions, to come to Washington. Our new director joined Wikimania for the first time. The Dutch Wikimedians contributed to the program and made contact with the international movement. WMNL president Ziko van Dijk, also the appointed WCA Council Member, was elected Deputy Chair of the Council (as described in a personal diary).
- Meeting of working group of Wikimedia NL cultural projects, about current and upcoming activities.
- Meeting in preparation of Wiki Takes Gouda, a one-day event focusing on Wiki Loves Monuments in the historical city of Gouda. Here, Wiki Loves Monuments will do its very first pilot project which includes municipal (in addition to national) monuments. During Wiki Takes Gouda, Wikimedia volunteers will assist Wiki Loves Monuments participants from the CC Caravan - a specially equipped camper with internet connection and computers which promotes free licenses and which can be used for file uploads. http://www.sebastiaanterburg.nl/?p=474
- Board weekend in late August
- Wiki Loves Monuments NL and several Wiki Takes the city in September
- General assembly on 23th op September, to present the plan for 2013 and the new strategic plan
- Dutch annual conference in November