Wikimedia chapters/Reports/Wikimedia Nederland/201102
Wiki Loves Monuments
After the success of last year, Wiki Loves Monuments will go Europe in 2011! Many countries have indicated that they want to participate this time, and coordination is being set up. Lodewijk has participated a brainstorm meeting in Cologne by German Wikimedians to organize their event and also in other countries much progress is being made. More information: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2011/Progress
On 19/20 February Wikimedia Nederland had a strategy weekend in Zeist. The meeting is part of the Wikimedia Nederland strategy process, which is facilitated by Anna Royon-Weigelt. The strategy process was already planned, and has been fit into a pilot project for chapter strategy processes by Anna and Sebastian Moleski. A report of the outcomes and the process following this weekend will be sent to the members.
Board interest meeting
After the success of last year, also this time a board interest meeting was organized. Potential candidates for the board could familiarize themselves with the association, board work and/or other potential candidates.
Meetings & Conferences
A stamtafel has been organized again. The food was served cold - suggestions for a new location are welcome!
Lodewijk has presented Wiki Loves Monuments at the Bangalore Wikimeet via Skype on February 13.
Press attention summary
There was some more coverage on the 10th anniversary of Wikipedia, mainly with some more in depth interviews in regional newspapers, but throughout the country. There was also a notice about the cooperation with the National Archive and on the National Architecture Institute choosing a more free licensing policy.
- 18-20 March: Lodewijk will attend the Wikimedia Conference in Wroclaw, Poland
- 20 March: MaartenD will give a workshop around Wiki Loves Monuments at WMDE's General Meeting in Berlin, Germany
- 25-27 March: Paul and Siebrand will represent Wikimedia Nederland at the Wikimedia Chapters Meeting in Berlin, Germany
- 28-29 March: Lodewijk and Siebrand will attend Global Melt in Berlin, Germany
- April 2: General Assembly
- June: 10 years Dutch Wikipedia
- September: Wiki Loves Monuments Europe