Wikimedia chapters/Reports/Wikimedia France/Oct-Dec 2008
This montly activity report covers october, november, and december 2008
- WM-Fr rewarded the winners of the Wikiconcours "Cross project" category with 100€ gift checks for books.
- Funded the numerization of pictures of Gandhi.
Public activities and interventionsEdit
- Workshops given
- Le Cube, Greater Paris Area, Oct 11th.
- Bibliothèque Marguerite Yourcenar, Paris, Dec 14th and Nov 9th.
- La Cantine (dedicated to senior citizens), Paris, Nov 21st.
- Nanterre, Nov 29th.
- Conferences attended
- Creative Commons France, Paris, Oct 15th.
- JDLL (free software meeting), Lyon, October 17 & 18th.
- Salon de l'éducation/Educatice, Paris, Nov, 27 to 29th.
- Open World Forum, Paris, Dec 1st and 2nd.
- Talks given
- 21 October: talk about "Free knowledge and Wikimedia" to students from "IEP Toulouse" (policital sciences school, http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institut_d%27%C3%A9tudes_politiques_de_Toulouse )
- 17 October: presentation to Auvergne librarian association (Brioude)
- Partner of Wikimedia Foundation for the annual fundraiser.
- Developed a new donation website with online payment system
- Improvement of previous, as well as creation of new promotional material (leaflets, fundraising buttons...)
- Raised approximately 50 000 euros (last donations not included)
- Supported the set up of the Wikiposter project with a press release (creation and purchase of poster from our images)
- Anything on an international level that touches the chapter/interests the chapter
- 16 October: presentation to "From illiteracy to computer illiteracy : an equal form of exclusion ?", European Meeting of Social Press
- 2-3 October: presentation at "3rd Conference on Cultural Economics"  (UE)
- December: two presentations at the Israel Business Conference in Tel Aviv. Was the opportunity for chapter (French and Israel) contact and for a wikimeet in Tel Aviv
- Funding of the Zeus Web Server for the Toolserver.
- Assisted to the announcement of the French "Plan du Numérique 2012" (action plan of the government)
- First contacts with reporters without borders in november (they publish a yearly book with pictures to support the press, we presented them commons).
- The council of Île-de-France, a French region ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%8Ele-de-France_(region) ) voted to become a member of Wikimédia France.
- Anthere received her award from the hands of the minister in charge of digital economy. Was the opportunity to gather French actors of the open source.
- Monthly IRC meeting for the members and the Board to discuss current issues
- Phone conferences will be tested in January
- WM-Fr new website development ongoing, based on TYPO3.
- Hosting of our tools was migrated in september on a dedicated server.
- Wikimédia France now on Viadeo (French social network) and LinkedIn (previously on Facebook).
- General Assembly planned mid march in Paris: will feature approval of financial data and election of new board.