Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021/sandbox
The page will be an area to test sections or codes before they would go on the main Wikimedia Wikimedia 2021 event page.
Ideas to incorporateEdit
- Decide on the main theme of the event (precisely, what kind of sessions will the meet have?)
- Add the "Contact" section on the page
- Add a logo on the event page
- Decide the eligibility criteria for participants
- Decide on the size of the participants
- Create a social media page or group for promotions
- Add a section named "COVID and Wiki stories" on the event page
- Online meet with Wikimedians on 15 January 2021 and announcing about the Wikimedia Wikimeet during the same.
Needs Assessment discussionEdit
- Let’s go over what we know from past needs assessments and jot down our points.
- Then, we can map out who is the point of contact within each language community and identify the best approach to contact the community as a first step
- For the needs assessment, let’s think simple: (Whatsapp group chat, phone calls, online focus group discussions)
- For this too, we need to ensure that we have our questions for needs assessment ready and sent out to our point of contact in the community (after a preliminary discussion on what approach would be the best to contact the community)
- One member from the team can be part of these conversations so that we can document
- The needs assessment questions can address topics such as participant availability, preferred time structure (9-12, 2-5) for sessions, what topics they would like to see in the event, co-facilitation opportunities, infrastructural needs (laptop/internet/place) and so on.
- Can we work with community members to facilitate sessions in regional languages? (translator would be needed) → could ask wikimedians during the needs assessment if they would be open to help facilitate the event.
- Event page within CIS-A2K Facebook- also allows to invite participants
- As we reach closer to the event date:
- Facebook - CIS A2K page.
- Instagram- main CIS account to promote (has over 1000 followers and will enable more reach)
- LinkedIn - CIS main account - create posts to improve (has over 1000 followers)
- Twitter- during event posts.
- Hopin: need to conduct mock tests before to understand the platform
- Live Stream - Youtube, Facebook (need to discuss which platform we will choose and how but these are later steps)
- Slack: can explore this for internal event communication
- Language mailing lists- and wikimedia india mailing lists: consider communication through both mailing lists for the event.
Queries to be askedEdit
- Why did you choose *platform name* over other platforms? What are the plus points of using this one?
- How were the initial preparations carried out?
- How did you carry out communication? Communication channels to promote the event you have used?
- In the process of conducting the event, have you made any collaborations with other organisations? If so, can you explain more about that?
- How many people/teams worked on bringing this together and the specific purpose of each team.
- Things to know if we plan on live streaming on youtube?
- How did you manage the session when you used break-out rooms?
- How was networking between participants ensured/carried out?
- Did language stand as a barrier during the event? If so, what measures have you taken to overcome such issues?
- Were there issues related to internet connectivity or the online platform compatibility and how was that taken care of? (from participants' end)
- Have you faced any issues like zoombombing?
- Since it's the first time you hosted the global summit virtually, what are the difficulties they have faced (non-technical)...if any?
- What was the feedback from the audience/participants?