Wikimedia South Africa/Operational Meeting/5 April 2022


  • Bobby Shabangu
  • Michael Graaf
  • Shupai Mchuchu
  • Deon Steyn
  • Coenrad Loubser
  • Sincerity Lawrence


  • Douglas Ian Scott
  • Khetiwe Marais




  • Bobby is involved in different projects, working on Wiki Indaba, working with the steering committee of the Wiki

Indaba organisation committee.

  • Recruitment of interns is done, four interns have been appointed, and the first 2 interns will come on board in April. They will be helping with mostly communications projects. They will be working on Meta, looking for them to grow the Chapter with community outreach work.
  • Deon working on a proposal to recruit a candidate to be an administrator for the Afrikaans Wikipedia.
  • Bobby offered to write the proposal in English and work with Deon in sending the proposal to the Wkimedia Foundation
  • Myrana is willing to meet with members of the Chapter, Shupai to organize a meeting between the CEO of Wikimedia Foundation, Myrana Iskander, and board members of WkimediaZA board members.
  • Bobby had a meeting with Belinda from the Wikimedia Foundation. Looking for experienced editors within the chapter
  • Maqueen created a user group and she has been having problems editing because of user name logins, Coenraad offered to help.

Khoe and Saan

  • Working on getting the Khoe and Saan launch to be held on the 30th of April 2022. Been is re4aching out to Andre the organiser of the user group, to get the dates lockdown, and start preparing for the launch.

Notice on Meetings


Upcoming Wikimedia Summit in September 2022

  • Douglas volunteered to be part of the Wikimania organising team. Bobby still deciding in volunteering on being part of the volunteering committee. This can be time-consuming in the logistics of the event. A lot of meetings are being held for the organisation. The Chapter has to