Happy new year, and congratulations with 20 years of knowledge dugnad!
The English Wikipedia was launched on the 15th of January, 2001. The theme of the 20-year celebration is celebrating the people behind Wikipedia – all of you who have contributed in some way to make us able to celebrate 20 years of free knowledge. Due to the pandemic, we can't celebrate in-person at the moment, but we hope to be able to organize a celebration within the year.
- Submit a greeting
- We have made a congratulatory page where anyone can send their regards to Wikipedia. We hope it will be a nice page that shows why Wikipedia is as important as ever. Submit your greeting now!
- Wiki meet-up
- The next wiki meet-up will be on January 27th. Karl Wettin from Wikimedia Sverige will participate, giving a presentation of Wikispeech… This is an exciting open-source project about crowdsourced voice synthesis. It also has applications well beyond the Wikimedia projects. Any suggestions for future meet-up topics are very welcome at the bottom of the meet-up page!
- Events to look forward to in 2021
- Wikimedia Norge's general assembly will be held on the 6th of March. It will be held entirely online this year, just like last year. More information coming soon.
- We are planning a digital administrator meet-up for all administrators in the Wikipedias in Norwegian Bokmål and Nynorsk, probably in March. If you are interested in helping organize this, please contact Jon Harald.
- Arctic Art+Feminism: We will organize four editathons during 2021, where the theme is female artists and indigenous art. More information coming soon.
- WikiGap: If the pandemic allows, there will be a WikiGap event at the Swedish Embassy in Oslo. We hope to see you there! This year's theme is female activists from South America.
- Arctic Knot: In June, we will organize the Wikimedia language conferenc, Arctic Knot. This is a continuation of the Celtic Knot series of conferences. More information coming soon!
- New membership system
- We are implementing a new membership system. What does this mean for you? Hopefully, as little as possible. For us, however, it means better follow-up of our members. Next week, we will send out a newsletter containing information about membership fees for 2021, among other things. They can be paid via Vipps or via AvtaleGiro. If you have already paid your dues for 2021, you can discard this.
- Survey from the Wikimedia Foundation
- The Wikimedia Foundation is asking for answers to this survey from Wikimedians around the world. The WMF has made a Norwegian translation of the survey. You can answer it anonymously without sharing an email address, but if you do, you shouldn't close the browser before you have completed the survey.
Have you already paid your membership fees for 2021? If not, you can always do so by re-registering on this page.