Hello, Wikimedia Norge members and other contributors, here's our newsletter with activities for the upcoming weeks.
- Wiki Loves Monuments 2017 has started! The world's largest photo contest runs from September 1 through September 30, where the goal is to upload photos of monuments in Norway. There will also be a concurrent writing competition on the Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk and Northern Sami Wikipedias during weeks 37 and 38.
- September 12: There will be a wiki meetup about references, with Ole Bjørn Rekdal as guest lecturer. The meetup will be held at the House of Literature in Oslo, and starts at 17:00.
- September 15: This is the deadline to apply for this round of wikigrants from Wikimedia Norge. Everyone can apply (you don't have to be a member), so if you have a project or an idea that you would like to see through, but could use some money to achieve it, apply now!
- September 16: Wiki-LAN, an editathon to increase the coverage of–and participation from–women in Wikipedia, will be organized at Musikkonservatoriet in Tromsø. Even though there's a focus on women, everyone is welcome!
- September 21: During the Oslo Science Days Wikimedia Norge invites you to the event Writing women into history, where the Director of research and dissemination at the National Library of Norway, Hege Høsøien, and artist and curator, Merete Røstad, will introduce the subject, followed by a conversation with Jorid Martinsen from Wikimedia Norge.
- October 6: During the announcement of who will be this year's Nobel Peace Prize laureate, a group of Wikipedians will be present at the Nobel Peace Center for #wikinobel in order to cover the prize and the laureate(s) in a good way. Get in touch with Jon Harald if you want to participate!
If you wish to become a Wikimedia Norge member and support our work, you can do so here, or support us by transfering money via Vipps to 10386 – Wikimedia Norge.