- 1.1. "Wikimedia Georgia" (hereinafter referred to as "the Organization") represents a non-enterprise (non-profit) legal entity established for the membership in accordance with the Civil Code.
- 1.2. Legal address: app. 107, build. 30, People’s Friendship Ave., Rustavi.
- 1.3. “Wikimedia Georgia” is free of the state of its members, directors and authorized persons. The responsibility of “the Organization” confines itself only by its property. The members, directors and authorized persons do not respond for the commitments of “Wikimedia Georgia”. By its turn “Wikimedia Georgia” does not respond for the commitments of its members, directors and authorized persons.
- 1.4. The main target of “Wikimedia Georgia” activity is:
- a) the knowledge extending (to initiate and stimulate the people’s interest to the knowledge, to support the knowledge dissemination and accessibility).
- b) the knowledge access support organization for any citizen in spite of their property and other conditions.
- c) to reflect the knowledge stored by the Georgian people in the international projects provided for the creation, storing, development and dissemination.
- d) to support the informational and other technologies creation, extending and usage contributing the.
- e) to take part in the knowledge creation, storing and dissemination contributing regulations and other standard acts formation.
- 1.5. The Organization is authorized to manage other subsidiary activity helping in goals realization provided by the present Charter.
- 1.6. It is possible to hand down the property of the “Wikimedia Georgia” to the third persons in case this action contributes the Organization’s activity, its organization development, its business implementation.
the Organization FoundersEdit
- 2.1. The Founders of the Organization are:
The Membership, Members’ Rights and ObligationsEdit
- 3.1. The member of the Organization may be both a citizen of Georgian and a physical person of a foreign country.
- 3.2. In individual can enter the membership and to cease it on the basis of a written application. The council takes the decision on the individual’s entering or ceasing the membership.
- 3.3. The member of the Organization has the right:
- a) personally take part in the consideration of the cases relating to the Organization activities, in the development and implementation of its plans, programming, projects and other events.
- b) to chose and be chosen to the Organization administration or controlling bodies.
- c) to propose his candidacy.
- d) by the approbation of the council to use the material-technical resources of the Union for goals achievement.
- 3.4. The member of the Organization is obliged to:
- a) comply with the Charter.
- b) to perform the decisions of the administrative bodies.
- c) to promote the goals of the Organization.
- d) do not spread the confidential information related with the Organization’s activities.
- 4.1. The administration body of the Organizations represents “Wikimedia Georgia Members Forum” (hereinafter referred to as “Forum”), which should be convened at least once a year. The out of terms Forum may be convened on the basis of written request of 1/10 members of the members or by the initiative of the council with the meeting day schedule indication.
- 4.2. All forum members should be informed about the invitation in written form by a SMS, e-mail or other medium and should be place at the official blog of the Organization one week earlier with the meeting day schedule and place indication.
- 4.3. The forum is powerful if there attends the 2/3 the Organization members.
- 4.4. The decisions at the forum will be made by the majority vote. One member has one voice. Voice transfer is inadmissible.
- 4.5. The taken decision is considered actual then the question was included in the forum schedule before.
- 4.6. To the forum defined competence applies:
- a) confirming the Organization Charter, changes and additions making (decision making by the members voices 2/3);
- b) the Organization strategy and the main activity directions definition;
- c) estimation and balance confirming;
- d) decisions making on the Organization reorganization and liquidation;
- e) this Charter other questions following solving.
- 5.1. The administrative body is the council, which carries out the Organization’s activity.
- 5.2. The council consists of the permanent members and in case of need of the tentative members. The permanent members are the founders of the organization and also the persons who were given the status of a permanent member by the permanent members’ decision. The tentative members are chosen by the forum for a term of two years on the basis of the forum’s or council’s decision. Their selection will be occurred on the basis of the decisions making regulation provided by the present Charter. (4.3., 4.4., 4.5.)
- 5.3. The Organization’s activity will be commanded by the Organization’s Chairman, who will be chosen at the meeting of the council members for a term of one year (the decision will be made by voting 2/3).
- 5.4. The meeting of the council will be held in case of need. The council is gathered by the initiative of the Chairman of the Organization himself or by the request at least a third of the council members.
- 5.5. The internet conference of the council is held once a month; the date and correct time the members chose previously collectively.
- 5.6. The council is powerful in case then it is attended by more than a half of the members. The council decision should be made by a consensus. If there is no consensus a voting will take place. In case of voices are divided in half the decisive importance is awarded to the Chairman’s opinion.
- 5.7. To the competence of the council apply:
- a) to work out the projects of the main directions of the Organization activities, plans, budget and target programs.
- b) in case of need workgroups creation and their coordinator selection, also their termination.
- c) to listen to the report of the persons chosen and confirmed by the council.
- d) to receive the Organization members.
- e) to represent at the forum the changes and additions in the Organization Charter for certifying.
- f) to select a Chairman of the Organization for one year term;
- g) to decide other questions which does not apply to the competence of the forum or other administrative body upon the present Charter.
- 5.8. The present membership of the council:
- 6.1. The Chairman (hereinafter referred to as ‘”Chairman”) is authorized for the independent representation of the Organization. He is selected by the council in accordance with the regulation of the present Charter.
- 6.2. The Chairman:
- a) acts on behalf of the organization, represents it both inside and outside the country. On behalf of the Organization makes the Agreements. He needs the consent of the council to purchase and transfer a real estate and put the commitments.
- b) represents to the forum the main directions of the Organization activities, plans, budget and target programs, also an annual report.
- c) administrates the programming and project making and supports their realization.
- d) appoints a coordinator and the society relationship manager.
- e) supports the forum and council decisions performing, shares the functions among the members.
- f) supports the legality of the finance activity of the Organization.
- g) demands from the accountable persons a report on their activity.
- h) performs other functions upon the present Charter.
- 6.3. In case of the Chairman removal or the authority termination the council without delay convenes an out of terms meeting to chose a new chairman.
- 6.4. The chairman of the Organization is:
The property of the OrganizationEdit
- 7.1. The property of the organization is formed of the membership fees, members or other person’s contributions, grants, the income received for the subsidiary enterprise and other legal activity.
- 7.2. The Organization property should help its goals under the present Charter.
The Organization activity terminationEdit
- 8.1. The termination of the Organization activity is carried out in the following cases:
- a) by the decision of the forum of the Organization;
- b) in case of registration termination or the ravage;
- c) in other legal cases.
- 8.2. The liquidation is performed by the council of the Organization.
- 8.3. The property remained after the liquidation should be passed to any other non-profit legal organization on the basis of the council’s decision.
- 9.1. The present Charter takes effect from the moment of its signing by all founders.
- 9.2. If one of the regulations of the present Charter will be considered invalid, this will not affect on the other regulations’ validity.
- 9.3. In the presence of any disparity between the present Charter and the current legislation of Georgia acts the legislation.