Wikimedia Foundation Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director/May 2016 office hours/he
The Wikimedia Foundation's interim Executive Director, Katherine Maher, will be hosting office hours to get to know you, answer questions, and provide updates on the Foundation's work and priorities. She'll be hosting two sessions, in different formats (a video streamed session, and IRC office hours) in order to reach as many people as possible.This page outlines information on this event, provides a place for you to ask questions, and will be used to provide additional documentation (such as IRC transcripts) related to the event.
- Video based streaming update and questions and answers session - Thursday, 12 May 2016 - 00:00-01:00 UTC | Wednesday, 11 May 2016 - 17:00-18:00 PDT
- IRC based office hours with additional questions and answers session - Thursday, 26 May 2016 - 19:00-20:00 UTC | 12:00-13:00 PDT
- Following May Monthly Metrics meeting at 18:00 UTC | 11:00 PDT
- Video based session
- IRC based office hours
- Questions can be submitted below
- You may also share general feedback or ideas
- Can be submitted in any language, and Wikimedia Foundation staff will do their best to obtain translations
- Questions will be collected from the time of this page going up until Wednesday, 25 May 2016 at 19:00 UTC (12:00 PDT)
- Will begin with update by Katherine
- Will then answer questions submitted below
IRC office hours
- Questions from participants on IRC mixed with answers to additional questions submitted below
Post session documentation
- Link to video streaming session and transcript of IRC session will be posted on this page
- Additional questions not covered - due to time - in the sessions will be answered on this page
- Questions posted on this page will then no longer be collected, and page will be archived
On 10 March 2016, the Board of the Wikimedia Foundation appointed Katherine Maher, the Foundation’s Chief Communications Officer, to lead the organization following the resignation of Lila Tretikov as interim Executive Director, until a new long-term Executive Director is appointed.
During the announcement on Wikimedia's Blog on 16 March 2016, the Foundation announced its intention to host a video streaming update, questions and answers session, and IRC office hours with Katherine.
Notes from sessions
Notes from the office hour sessions:
- IRC-based session
שאל את שאלתך
Katherine will be answering questions that come in. Please allow room for flexibility to accommodate important questions and grouping similar questions together. You are also welcome to share thoughts or ideas with Katherine. You can submit content in any language, and Wikimedia Foundation staff will do their best to obtain translations.
Language barriers and the small language sections
How to be a non-English speakers? what is being done to overcome the language barrier? It is necessary to promote the rapid expansion of text translators. Looking for voice translators.
How can I help small language sections? Big and strong language projects to develop a strong, small and weak language areas are lagging behind. We need concrete actions to support small language sections.
Sorry for my bad English. But I well know their native language - Bashkir. We are trying to develop a wiki projects in the Bashkir language. In our community there is no one who knows the English language.
the look of the page
when I go to the wikepdia page the appearance is clean and pleasant to they eye. when I log into my account, the page appearance changes and the page is cluttered. Why? I liked the old format, it was easier to read without the distractions all over the page