Wikimedia Foundation Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director/職務内容
Outdated translations are marked like this.
- Through ongoing landscape analysis and intensive consultation with the board, staff and community, develop and communicate a compelling strategy for the organization that champions already identified goals and, additionally, clarifies short- and long-term future direction
- Openly communicate about the organization’s opportunities, strategic choices, and progress toward goals with the Board of Trustees, staff and the community
- Build authentic relationships throughout the global Wikimedia community; listen intently to affiliates, chapters and volunteers in order to develop, adapt and champion strategies that engage and grow the global volunteer community and readership
- Personally, and with the support of the advancement team, cultivate major gifts and donor relationships for both ongoing operations and Wikimedia Foundation’s newly launched endowment campaign
- Thoughtfully raise the public profile of the Wikimedia Foundation’s important work and role with public- and private-sector partners, and within the open source/free speech fields and beyond
- Reinforce and model Wikimedia Foundation’s Guiding Principles: freedom and open source; serve every human being; transparency; accountability; stewardship; internationalism; free speech; and independence
- Empower, lead and partner with a high-performing senior leadership team; empower that group to translate strategic priorities into annual goals, budgets, day-to-day activities and a positive performance culture
- Ensure that talent and technology projects are leveraged and aligned to deliver programmatic outcomes
- Foster cross-organization, multidisciplinary collaboration as well as effective prioritization, decision-making and resource-allocation
- Expand and deepen the organization’s work on diversity & inclusion
- Experience as a C-level leader and manager within a complex, mission-driven organization with significant staff (200+), budget (~$25M and up) and across a dispersed, global geography.
- Track record of integrating with a strong organizational culture to chart -- and communicate -- a different, higher impact course through his/her leadership. Listens to, integrates and champions ideas from diverse stakeholders.
- Brings tangible examples of success in refining and executing on ambitious strategic plans, guiding investments in people and systems as well as problem solving.
- Proven track record building and mentoring great teams, with demonstrated skills creating cohesion.
- Leadership presence, relationship orientation and a communication approach that inspire and galvanize volunteers to engage, and donors to invest; as a key spokesperson, has influentially represented an organization -- and its mission -- to multiple audiences.
- Resonates with Wikimedia Foundation’s work and vision; ideally, has been a Wikimedia contributor or has worked in a related field (open-source, free speech, delivering knowledge to the public)
- Understands technology
- Personal experience as a committed volunteer in a social movement is highly desirable
- Relevant advanced degree
- Flexible, collaborative, gracious, calm, patient and transparent style; able to effectively adapt to, and evolve, a strong culture
- Curiosity and critical thinking skills; a lifelong learner
- Humility to recognize that s/he is merely a steward of a broad, large-scale movement
- Track record of embracing and promoting diversity in all dimensions; brings an inclusive world view