Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee/Minutes 08-09-2013
- Location: Hong Kong
- Date: August 9, 2013, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- In attendance: Alice Wiegand (Committee Chair), Jan-Bart de Vreede (Board Chair), Maria Sefidari, Ana Toni (by voice (Skype) from Brazil), Geoff Brigham (Board Secretary), Stephen LaPorte (Legal Counsel)
Alice called the meeting of the Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee to order on Friday, August 9, 2013, at 9:30 AM.
The Committee discussed the plan for assembling the Committee's annual agenda.
Reflection on the 2012 - 2013 agendaEdit
In the last year, the Committee accomplished a number of items from its 2012 - 2013 annual agenda:
- Recruiting and selecting a Board member to fill the open appointed position,
- Conducting the Board's 2013 evaluation, and
- Revising the committee's charter.
The Committee plans to continue to work on the remaining topics in the 2012 - 2013 agenda, including continued focus on transparency.
Planning the 2013 - 2014 agendaEdit
The Committee discussed topics for the next year, including Board procedure, movement governance, possible improvements to the WMF bylaws, and continued transparency. Alice will work with Committee members to prepare the topics for their 2013 - 2014 annual agenda.
Geoff introduced the most recent draft of the Board Handbook and the timeline for incorporating feedback from Board members. After the Handbook is finalized, the Committee intends for it to be updated to reflect the Board's practices on a continuous basis. The finished version of the handbook will be published publicly.
At the conclusion of this discussion, Alice closed the meeting at 11:30 AM.