Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee/2016 call for Board Governance Committee Volunteer and Advisory members
2016 call for Board Governance Committee Volunteer and Advisory membersEdit
- This message, "2016 call for Board Governance Committee Volunteer and Advisory members", was sent on 15 July 2016.
This letter is a public call for interested people to serve as Board Governance Committee (BGC) Volunteer and Advisory members. The BGC can have non-voting members participate in the Committee on an annual basis. This opportunity has never been used by the BGC before, so we decided to frame the process the same way that Audit Committee had in April.
The BGC has identified our priorities for the next 12 months. The minutes of our first meeting are published here. Please read the document and think if you can help / support to reach them (and what tasks exactly you would like to work on).
We need people who are interested in results and constructive work, not in “one more hat to wear”, so you need to be seriously committed and be aware that if your participation does not add value, we shall remove you from this position.
To submit your candidacy, please send to me at this email address (ntymkiv wikimedia.org) your resume, the top 3 reasons why you want to do this and the top 3 things you will add to the Board Governance Committee. Please also indicate the priorities you would like to work on and/or other things that (to your mind) we failed to include there.
The selection criteria:
- 2+ years of being a board member (Wikimedia affiliates / other comparable organizations; experience in a large NGO would be a bonus)
- Solid understanding of the mission of Wikimedia Foundation, general understanding of the Movement, and the Foundation's affiliates and partners and willingness to be a trusted advisor to the Board of Trustees
- Capacity to commit an estimated 20-30 hours annually to attend both quarterly and other ad-hoc meetings, prepare or review required materials, and interact with committee, staff and/or board as required
- Prior executive experience (CEO, Finance, HR, Operations roles etc) would be a bonus
- Demonstrated track record of involvement with the Wikimedia movement outside one's own affiliate or community (would be a bonus)
The timeline for the selection process (tight so as to have selected volunteers attend the next meeting):
- Candidates submit their interest and the above information to me no later than July 21
- The BGC will interview top candidates by July 31
- The BGC will select the candidates by August 05
- Selected candidates join the committee by August 15 and attend the next Committee meeting.
Please forward this letter to any list you think is appropriate and directly to people who may be interested.
antanana / Nataliia Tymkiv