Wikimedia España/Plan Estratégico/2019-21
Wikimedia Spain is a non-profit association under Organic Law 1/2002, of 22 March, regulating the Right of Association, and complementary rules. The Association has full legal capacity and to act, and is governed by Statutes and internal regulations approved by the members.
The purpose that the statutes of the Association include is to promote directly or indirectly the dissemination, improvement and support of all initiatives that support free access, use, study, modification and redistribution of content, such as projects hosted and supported by the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc..
To fulfill its purpose, the Association will carry out the following activities:
- Organize meetings, congresses, conferences, workshops, courses or any other type of public activity aimed at disseminating the initiatives and projects that are the object of its purpose (hereinafter, "the initiatives").
- Establish relations, collaborations and agreements with any type of public or private entities, national or international, to improve the knowledge, use and use of all initiatives, develop systems to disseminate and promote them, or receive economic, human or content resources.
- Report adequately through any means of communication at its disposal, on its own initiative or when requested, on its own functioning and on matters related to the initiatives.
- Any other type of activity that its bodies consider appropriate for the fulfilment of the Association's purpose.
The territorial scope is the Spanish State.
The Wikimedia movement is immersed in the drafting and implementation of its strategy between now and 2030. As part of it, before Wikimedia Spain's own reflection, we have studied what has already been decided and selected our values, mission and vision so that they are in tune with the global ones, even if they do not fully match.
We understand values as the set of beliefs and norms that guide and regulate the behavior and life of this organization and that constitute the support of the vision, mission, strategy and strategic objectives. These values are:
We promote the organization, diffusion and improvement of initiatives that support the access, modification and redistribution of free knowledge. We provide tools and resources so that all people, collectives and institutions can participate in the creation, compilation and dissemination of multilingual, diverse and quality content in Wikimedia projects.
We want a world in which all people can access, produce and share all knowledge in their own language, freely and for free.
For the next few years, we decided that our strategic objectives are distributed across these four programmes.
- Diversity and geographical scope. We want to enrich the presence of both content and participants in all Wikimedia projects. Although WMES is characterized by geographic decentralization, we want to insist on this attitude and reach more locations. We want to involve more people, from different origin, language, culture, sexual identity and abilities.
- Multimedia content. We understand that it is essential to have more and more images, videos and audios, since knowledge is not complete if these forms of transmission are not contemplated.
- GLAM. The cultural institutions included in the GLAM projects constitute an inexhaustible source of synergies, with an immense enrichment potential for all areas of Wikimedia and free knowledge in general.
- Education. We consider that we are in a key historical moment in which it is essential to foster a collaborative attitude in the dissemination of knowledge, and therefore, we understand that training centers should be steeped in the Wiki culture.
- Increase diversity and presence of under-represented communities in WMES.
- Increase the participation of these collectives in Wikimedia projects.
- Reduce the content gap in the projects of gender, rural world, ethnicity, and culture in the different linguistic versions (8 from Spain) of the Wikimedia projects.
- Develop a teacher training program.
- Increase participants in the Wikimedian community from educational programs.
- Generate educational materials on the use of Wikimedia projects and free knowledge.
Programme multimedia contentEdit
- Increase community in Wikimedia Commons.
- Get increase usable multimedia files.
- Increase the quantities of audio and video available in Wikimedia Commons.
- Train GLAM employees and communities in free knowledge issues.
- Get agreements through which cultural institutions release their contents and formalize them.