Wikimedia Conference 2017/Program/46
How to move forwardEdit
- What was this session about?
The session about the Wikimedia blog (blog.wikimedia.org) and the main social media account of the Wikimedia Foundation (Facebook + Twitter). The session was meant to be a way to attract more people to use them for their outreach.
- What are the next steps to be taken?
There will be follow-up conversations on a one-on-one basis with several participants.
- Affiliates doing outreach activities and reporting back to the Foundation.
- Session Format
- 60 min
- Have you ever wondered how you can contribute to the Wikimedia blog and the big Wikipedia social media accounts? Or perhaps what, exactly, the community news digest is? This session will teach you about our Meta pages, the social media hub on Facebook, and where to send news blurbs about your initiatives and events. (Some answers in advance: through Meta and email, the social media group on Facebook, and short news blurbs from all around the movement.)
- Desired Outcome
- An understanding of possible ways to interact with the Foundation's blog and social media team, and where to send news updates for wider dissemination in the movement.
- Next Steps and Milestones
- Reaching out to affiliates interested in contributing blog posts and news blurbs to the digest. Adding people to the social media hub for wider community participation in what the Foundation posts on our social media accounts.
- Ed Erhart
There is no transcript of the session. However, the slides are pretty self explanatory.