How to move forwardEdit
- What was this session about?
After one year of a pilot, Asaf presented the results and possible scenarios for the future of the “Community Capacity Development” project, run by the WMF.
- What are the next steps to be taken?
No specific nexts steps based on this session. As explained in the presentation, the pilot will be extended and a “community capacity map” for self-assessment will be created.
see the Commons category
- Volunteers interested in capacity-building, the results of the WMF pilot, and future plans
- Session Format
- Presentation and discussion
- 60 min
In 2015-2016, the Wikimedia Foundation conducted a pilot program called Community Capacity Development (CCD). The pilot has concluded and this session would present its results, conclusions drawn from it, and the WMF's plans for continuing the work in coming years, and how you and your community can participate.
- Desired Outcome
Understanding of the CCD model and opportunities it offers for communities and individuals.
- Next Steps and Milestones
- Potentially, participation, as communities or individuals, in future CCD projects.
- Asaf Bartov (WMF)
There is no (written) transcript of the session, but the slides of the session are pretty self explanatory and do not need further explanation. More information about the project is available on CCD.