How to move forwardEdit
- What was this session about?
The session was mainly about applying method & tools to design an (external) community strategy for a Wikimedia organization/group.
- What are the next steps to be taken?
There are no specific nexts steps based on this session.
see the Commons category
- Affiliates doing outreach activities and reporting back to the Foundation.
- Session Format
- 60 min
In this workshop, we will approach a communications strategy focusing on the elements of a communications plan: Timeline, channels, audience, smart goals, evaluation, and team.
We will walk through the core four elements of a communications plan (timeline, channels, audience, and SMART goals), explaining each one and giving time to participants to work through what that element and means to their group.
We will look at creating key messages for some of the events or activities identified; and we will address directionality of communications, thinking what is internal reporting and what is external outreach, and how the two can complement each other.
Participants will work in pairs or groups of 4 to 5, applying the notions of the workshop to their own work and building the first draft of their communications strategy.
- Desired Outcome
- Participants will leave with a clear idea of how to start a communications plan, and how the different communication workflows can complement each other (internal comms vs external comms)
- Greg Varnum, María Cruz, Juliet Barbara
There is no transcript of the session, but the presentation slides of the session are pretty self explanatory.