Wikimedia Community of Tatar language User Group/Reports/2021-2022
This page contains Wikimedia Community of Tatar language User Group activity report for 2021-2022.
- Tatar Wikipedia (daily visiting gadgets & user pageviews, monthly visitors and user views, last month stats: views by country and most-read articles)
- Tatar Wiktionary
- Tatar Wikibooks
- Tatar in Multilingual Wikisource
- Tatar in Multilingual Wikinews
- Tatar on Wikimedia Russia
- Tatar in Commons
- Tatar on Meta
- Tatar in Wikidata
- Tatar Wikiquote (incubator)
- Tatar Wikivoyage (incubator)
- Tatar Wikinews (incubator)
The table below covers Wikipedia article contests, held locally within the reporting period.
The project went asleep in 2020. Partner's previous activists requested leadership positions to steer the project, later have grown out without establishing replacement.
- Local SiteNotice milestones:
- Since 26 February 2022 invited to participate in local wiki event of the Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month without expecting prizes.
- Since 24 April 2022 invites to grow the list and develop articles on Tatar & Bashkir speakers lost in Ukraine on both sides of the conflict.
- Since new default Wikipedia skin (late October) - key link to community processes
- January 2022 presentation @ Tatar Portals Union video-conference (slides & a video in Russian)
- February 2022: Multilingual Wikipedia article readership stats based empirical analysis at a Tatar language applied research conference (ttWB copy) & a wider partnership interest by Tatarstan Academy of Sciences' Institute of Tatar Encyclopedia and Regional Studies (dedicated article drive project, indefinitely postponed in March)
- March: Local partner (Tatarstan Presidential Commission for Preservation and Strengthening of Tatar language use) revokes prize funding promise for My Tatarstan 2021-2022 & Tatar 4.0 - 2022 article drives.
- April: No attendance of the Fourth in-person meeting of Tatarstan Presidential Commission on Preservation and Strengthening of Tatar language use - Farhad Fatkullin of WUG TAT & Wikimedia Russia had a conflicting professional appointment
- May 2022: Tatar language committee enlarged to include other local languages of the Republic, Farhad Fatkullin of WUG TAT & Wikimedia Russia not included into the newly formed body, previously developed wiki-activities roadmap continues without formal local support.
- June: presentation @ Tatar teachers congress events (slides).
- September: Round-table Wiki-Outreach discussion at Tatarstan Academy of Sciences' Sh.Mardzhani History Institute (commonscat)
- October: Tatmedia wiki-partnership joint Tatar topics wiki-contests agreement with milliard.tatar project (IWeTatar and future self-organized and run partner-funded contests framework)
- October: Membership in informal Tatar AI User Group in Telegram through ongoing membership in Tatars Portals Union
- November: Tatar Internet Development Foundation invited Tatar Wikimedians to the Annual Jewels of Knowledge contest Awarding ceremony, to be held in December
- December 2021: Presentation at the Republic of Tatarstan Parliament (English slides, audio, video, official website news post and a photo gallery in Russian)
- January: Wiki-Smart Kazan project proposal presented to City Tourism & International Contacts Authorities
- June: Video-conference presentations at the regional UNESCO Multilingualism conference (slides).
- October: Tatar Wikipedia community's experience presented at Wikidata Istanbul Turkic conference (slides)
Wikimedia event participationEdit
- Wikimedia Languages of Russia Community User Group Meetings Online (monthly): User:Frhdkazan
- Online (bimonthly): User:Frhdkazan
- Movement Strategy events Online (throughout the year): User:Frhdkazan
- Wikimedians of Turkic Languages User Group side event to Wikimania 2022 Online August: User:Frhdkazan
- Wikimedia Russia Conference 2022 St.Petersburg/Online September: User:Frhdkazan (thesis in English, slides & video in Russian)
- Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022 Ohrid October: User:Ilnur efende & tt:User:Fxan (both cancelled)
- Turkic Wikidata conference 2022 Istanbul October: tt:User:Римма Васильева (cancelled), User:Alisa Fatikhova (replacement for User:Ilnur efende)
Visual materials @ CommonsEdit
Publications and releasesEdit
- Tatar Wikipedia Marathon (10 month * 10 edits * +10k content): 2021
- Wikipedia @ Jewels of Knowledge: 2022 finalists * hall of Fame
- Tatar intraWP & Wikidata connectedness: slides & video
Mass media mentionsEdit
- Tatarstan Academy of Sciences Institute of History co-organized Wikipedia Roundtable coverage
- 2022.11.13-26 Regionally recognized teacher became the first female wiki-editor to have agreed and elected Tatar Wikipedia Admin.
- Fewer Bot-generated articles, greater share of organic growth this year.