Wikimedia Community User Group Wales/adroddiad2019-2020
This is the Annual Report of the Wikimedia Community User Group Wales for March 2019 to February 2020.
Wikimedia User Groups are required to submit an annual activity report covering the entirety of the 12-month agreement period in order to prompt review for a renewal. This covers the year between March 2019 and February 2020.
- The Group met twice during this period - in March and August - to share information and co-ordinate activities relating to Wiki projects in Wales.
- Members of the User Group attended the Wikimedia+Education Conference in Donostia between 5-7 April.
- WiciMon's work with schools on Ynys Mon and in Gwynedd continued during 2019-20.
- The National Library of Wales completed its WiciPobl project in collaboration with Wici Môn. An Impact Report was published on 31 March 2019 which used the Europeana Impact Playbook to assess the impact of the project.
- With funding from the Welsh Government the National Library of Wales and WiciMon embarked on the WiciAddysg (Wiki-Education) project in September 2019. The aim of this project is to identify and improve content relevent to secondary education and secure the release of existing Welsh language educational resources from a number of sources to create or improve articles.
- Members of the User Group attended and participated in the 2019 Celtic Knot Conference held in Cernyw on 4-5 July.
- Five Wikipedians completed the Wici365 Challenge of creating 365 new Welsh Wicipedia articles within 365 days. This was a challenge set up by the group.
- The group established the Arabic - Welsh project in collaboration with the Wikimedia of the Levant User Group to create articles of Arabic interest in Welsh and visa versa. 18 Arabic articles and 44 Welsh articles were created to date.