Wikimedia Community User Group Wales/2020-2021 Annual Report
This is the Annual Report of the Wikimedia Community User Group Wales for March 2020 to February 2021.
Note: Due to the effects of Covid restrictions the group has not met during this period. Members plan to consider the future direction of the group at the next meeting with the aim of increasing diversity of the membership and increasing active participation.
- The Group continues to support the work of the WiR at Menter Iaith Môn where a series of online workshops with schools were held during local lockdowns
- The Group continues to support the work of the National Library of Wales, who's Wikimedian completed a Wikipedia Education Project with funding from the Welsh Government Education Department
- The Group worked closely with Wikimedia UK to add Welsh Government Covid related media content, onto Wikipedia articles, and Wikidata.
- Members of the Group participated in the 2020 Celtic Knot Conference held virtually in Ireland and in the Wikimedia UK AGM, presenting an update from Wales.
- Members contributed to Wikimedia Foundation's 2021 human rights challenge: 3rd highest number of translated articles (out of 333 languages).
- Members worked on creating Welsh articles missing from the List of articles every Wikipedia should have. There's been an improvement every month since our involvement
- Individual members continue to connect through Zoom meetings, in pairs, or in small groups.