Date: Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Time: 20:00 EDT (00:00 UTC)
Venue: Teamspeak on sp.acorndata.ca, password: wkmedcan
By text only, #wikimedia-ca on freenode (the meeting will primarily be on Teamspeak though the IRC channel will be used for those who can hear the teamspeak and not speak in it)
Who should attend: The Steering Committee and anyone interested in helping form Wikimedia Canada.
- Revised chapter bylaws for submission to the Wikimedia Foundation Chapter's Committee. Jeff will present, committee will comment and revise.
- Ideas for rounding up volunteer support.
- Consideration of developing a board policy document to formalize established procedures.
- Decided Jeff will copy edit the bylaws and contact Alan when these changes are completed.
- The bylaws will be submitted to Chapcomm before the next meeting.
- Discussed difference between Board Governance and Corporate Management.
- Discussed the need for volunteers to co-ordinate chapter events.
- Defined the transitional section of the bylaws as seen on the bylaw page.
- Next meeting will be May 21, 2008 at 20:00 EST.
|Real name||Username||IRC/Teamspeak nickname||Location||Notes|
|Alan Walker (Chair)||Alan.ca||Alan||en:Hamilton, Ontario|
|Mitchell D. (Secretary)||Greeves||Mitchell||Winnipeg, MB||Was absent|
|Andrew Leung (Vice Chair)||OhanaUnited||OhanaUnited||Richmond Hill, ON|
|Jeff Nichols (Member at Large)||Arctic.gnome||Arctic.gnome||Toronto, ON|
|Casey||Cbrown1023 talk||kibble||Pennsylvania, US|
|Geoff Plourde||Geo.plrd||Geoff_Plourde/G David||en:Northern California|
Not attending, but interested
|Tom W||Tompw (talk) (en)||NA||West Midlands, UK|
April 9, 2008
|WMC Eighth Formal Formation Meeting
April 23, 2008
May 21, 2008