Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022/Programme/Submissions/WikiLearn – online learning for the Wikimedia movement
WikiLearn – online learning for the Wikimedia movement
- Title of the submission
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- Author(s) of the submission
- Capacity development
- Level of advancement (basic, medium, advanced)
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
WikiLearn is a brand-new Learning Management System implemented by the Wikimedia Foundation for the use of the entire Wikimedia movement. It can host MOOC-like recorded courses, live sessions, self-paced learning or instructor-based learning, with computer or human grading. It is based on the free software Open edX, enhanced with content translation features developed specifically for Wikimedia. I will present the features of the platform, which is ready for you to use.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
All CEE communities can benefit from capacity development; online courses are an excellent way to gradually train volunteers at zero cost, and are especially relevant for smaller communities that are less able to organize such trainings themselves.
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
- Shared notes
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).