Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022/Programme/Submissions/The human rights perspective at Wikimedia
- Title of the submission
The human rights perspective at Wikimedia
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- Author(s) of the submission
- Human Rights, Policy, Partnerships
- Level of advancement (basic, medium, advanced)
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
This panel will draw attention to the integration of the human rights based approaches in Wikimedia's free knowledge projects and help advance the realisation of multiple human rights, including the right to free expression, access to information and the right to be treated with dignity. The speakers will dwell into the Human Rights policy. The speakers will also discuss how we attempting to address these particular issues through community partnerships, before giving time to the audience for Q&A.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
The panel gives the speakers the opportunity to discuss the challenges posed to human rights in the CEE region and how to better ensure the prevention, protection, and promotion of human rights in digital environments and across Wiki projects.
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).