Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022/Programme/Submissions/Teaching Wikipedia online
- Title of the submission
Teaching Wikipedia online
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- Author(s) of the submission
German Wikipedia community
- Education, Outreach
- Level of advancement (basic, medium, advanced)
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
In pandemic times people are reluctant to attend lectures and workshops about how to contribute to Wikipedia in person. During the pandemic years I held many online lectures and workshops in the form of video conferences. I will talk about how to make your Wikipedia video conference successful. How to reach participants and make them actively contribute during a video conference, what you have to take into consideration technically and contentwise.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
Attendants will learn how to successfully teach Wikipedia online.
- Special requirements
A beamer for my presentation would be nice.
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).