Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022/Programme/Submissions/Participation in the Wikimedia Projects in View of Sensory Deprivation: A Case Study within WMCEE Wikis
- Title of the submission
Participation in the Wikimedia Projects in View of Sensory Deprivation: A Case Study within WMCEE Wikis
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- Author(s) of the submission
Wikimedia Polska, Wikimedia Bashkortostan, Para-Wikimedians Community User Group
- Education, Community Engagement, Strategy, Diversity, Technology
- Level of advancement (basic, medium, advanced)
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
The case study includes an overview of a number of engagement options for people with sensory (visual and/or hearing) deprivations. The author will discuss the peculiarities of each of those deprivations in connection with certain peculiarities of the WMCEE wikis as well as particular languages (with special attention to those in the Balkan region).
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
Despite the fact that a wide range of tools and possibilities is available for engaging the people with sensory impairments into the WMCEE communities, the experience in that area remains scarce, therefore a general overview will constitute a good start for collaboration with the respective groups and institutions.
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).