Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022/Programme/Submissions/October could be the Wikipedia Art Month
- October could be the Wikipedia Art Month
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- lightning talk
- Author(s) of the submission
- Ivo Kruusamägi
- Level of advancement (basic, medium, advanced)
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
October 2021 was an Art Month in Estonian Wikipedia, that aimed to draw focus on art, Wikipedia, and how the latter can introduce the former. It included an art-themed article competition, web lectures, and virtual exhibitions. Outreach was done to contemporary Estonian artists and to art schools of Estonia. Article competition was carried out in cooperation with Tartu Art House and Tartu Art Museum. As part of Art Month, we also introduced the Wikigallery of Newer Estonian Art, which showcases some of the 21st-century works that are available under free licenses on Wikipedia.
Wikipedia Art Month is once again held in October 2022. When September deals with cultural heritage and November with Science (in relation to Wikipedia Science Competition), then October could just as well have a theme for itself. Why not celebrate that month as Wikipedia Art Month?
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
- Countries in CEE region could join Wikipedia Art Month
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).