Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/Outreach in education
Outreach in educationEdit
Name(s) and/or username(s)Edit
- Zana, Strkovska, User:Violetova
- GLAM Macedonia, Chair
- Igor Kuzmanovski, User:Wikimk
- Board member
- Encouragement of new editors.
- Outreach, particularly in education.
Type of submission (Please choose one)Edit
- Presentation with discussion (one-to-many + Q&A)
This talk is a case study reflecting how the GLAM Macedonia User Group established and runs Wiki Club. WikiClubs are regular educational groups that gather school-age students to contribute to Wikimedia Projects in partnership with GLAMs. The first institution which opened the doors for us was the Museum of Macedonian Struggle in Skopje. The Museum wanted to enrich the activities for the students they run according to their program. The talk is enriched with lessons learned, while we, as a Wikimedia Organization, teach underage students how to use computers for socially useful work and not just for playing, and how we outreach them.
1. Case study 2. Idea for their own Wiki Club
Duration (without Q&A)Edit
No specific requirements