Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018 Lviv, Ukraine, October 13-15
- Group 1: participants, who have a travel scholarship from a chapter or user group they are representing. Several larger affiliates have funds in their annual plan for such cases.
- Group 2: participants, who apply for a travel scholarship from WMCEE2018 organisers as a representative of chapter, user group or community. WMCEE2018 has budgeted ~60 scholarships for participants.
- Group 3: invited speakers.
Participants of WMCEE2018 are expected to represent their affiliates and/or communities at the conference. This is why it is strongly recommended that participants are selected by the community and can provide a link to the respective on-wiki discussion/board decision/etc.
Each community from the CEE can send two delegates who will have travel, accommodation, visa etc. costs funded by the conference grant. The community/affiliate may (as is welcomed to) send additional participants but the costs of their participation must be covered by the affiliate or the participants themselves.
If there will be more applications for scholarships than WMCEE2018 organising team can provide, we intend to welcome most active and engaged Wikimedians, mostly based on their submissions (if any) or history of on-wiki and off-wiki collaborations.
How to select the delegatesEdit
To make the conference a success it will be essential for the invited affiliates to deliberately select their delegates. Participants should come to Lviv to learn and to share, but also to bring the information and learnings back home. We are seeking delegates who will be actively engaged before, during and after the conference and can represent their affiliates. Ideal delegates are those who are
- involved in the decision making processes of the organization,
- striving to help shape the future of the movement,
- or partnerships specialists,
- or program leaders.
My country has more than one affiliate, how many scholarships can we have?Edit
- The budget is planned for 2 people per country / per community without country, but we do have some flexibility. Thus we invite you to submit 2 delegates per affiliate. In the (very) unlikely case that we would not be able to accommodate both from one group, we shall choose the delegate with the most appropriate set of skills for the programme.
The costs for non-grant-funded participantsEdit
- We anticipate that the costs for non-grant-funded participants will be full travel from the home city to Lviv and back, plus accommodation (our current estimate is roughly 20 USD per person per night with breakfast for twin room if the same hotel). We will be able to provide the exact quote mid-August, and of course prices will be different in case of single accommodation or different hotel. The conference fee is 80 USD: we currently have budget for up to 100 attendees based on around 80 USD per person (covers catering, materials and gifts and city tour). This amount may be reduced, depending on the more accurate data we shall have mid-August.