Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017/Programme/Submission/SPARQL for absolute beginners
Title of your proposal edit
Name(s) and/or username(s) edit
- Tobias Schönberg, User:Tobias1984
- Wikidata and wikidata related projects
- Partnerships (GLAM collaborations, Other institutional collaborations, Wiki Medicine projects? STEM?)
Type of submission (Please choose one) edit
- Workshop (work in groups)
We will practice to write our first SPARQL queries together. We will move through a couple of examples which will introduce you to the SPARQL syntax and and how it works with Wikidata. We will use query.wikidata.org, so only a laptop and internet connection is required for the session. You don't need any prior programming experience to attend.
Expected outcomes edit
You will hopefully learn enough to be able to continue your SPARQL learning endevour:
- You will have the vocabulary to discuss SPARQL with people and query the internet for help.
- You will be confident that it is not something which is impossible to do without a computer science degree.
Duration (without Q&A) edit
- 1 to ideally 1.5 hours.
Specific requirements edit
- Should not overlap with Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017/Programme/Submission/Lua for your wiki
- A workshop room with tables and a projector would be good.
Slides or further information edit
Interested co-instructors edit
If you want to get involved in the planning / co-instructing of the session