- Upload images of your city’s pride parade to wikipedia for Wiki Loves Pride this summer
- Wiki Loves Pride: Help illustrate an event near you!
- Wiki Loves Pride: Help document LGBT culture and history near you!
- Wiki Loves Pride, a global campaign to document LGBT culture and history
A brief, one-paragraph summary of the post's content, about 20-80 words. On the blog, this will be shown in the chronological list of posts or in the featured post carousel on top, next to a "Read more" link.
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities are underrepresented on Wikipedia. In the month of June, help change this by photographing pride parades, LGBT districts and landmarks, and working with us to get your photographs on Wikipedia articles!
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities are underrepresented on Wikipedia. In the month of June, Pride Month, you can help to change this.
Wiki Loves Pride is a global campaign to expand and improve LGBT-related content across several Wikimedia projects and to celebrate LGBT culture and history. Wiki Loves Pride is an initiative of Wikimedia LGBT+, an official affiliate of the Wikimedia Foundation.
The goals of Wikimedia LGBT+ are to encourage LGBT cultural organizations to use Wikimedia projects and to adopt the values of free culture and open access; to promote Wikimedia projects as a tool for strengthening LGBT communities; and to create and expand the overall quality of content of interest to LGBT communities on Wikimedia projects in all languages.
In 2014, Wiki Loves Pride events took place in several locations around the world, including in seven cities in the United States and three in India. Check out the 2014 results or view images from the LGBT photo challenge hosted by Wikimedia Commons.
To contribute, you can use the Commons Upload tool to upload your photographs directly to Wikimedia Commons where they can be used immediately on any Wikimedia project. You can also upload your photographs to Flickr with a public domain, Creative Commons (CC0 license).
If you want to use Flickr, email us and let us know where your photographs are, so we can add them to Wikipedia pages and to our image galleries to create and improve LGBT-related Wikipedia articles.
If you have questions about any aspects of this process please get in touch!
Ideas for social media messages promoting the published post:
(Tweet text goes here - max 117 characters) * It's Pride Month - help improve Wikipedia by donating your Pride Parade photos! (link) * Help improve LGBT-related coverage this Pride Month (link) ---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|------/
- Want to improve Wikipedia's coverage of LGBT-related topics? Get involved this Pride Month! (link)