Wikimedia Australia/Wikimedia workshops
What: Series of distributed wiki* workshop weekends. Some people travel from each city to other city/cities and repeat workshops; others only happen in one city.
When: September 2008 (school holidays)
Who: Wikimedia editors (not really intended to introduce Wikimedia projects to outsiders)
- (attendees) Learn from each other
- (attendees) Meet each other, be better connected
- (presenters) Practice speaking, presentations, tutorials
- (WMA) Practice organisation :)
sheer bloody-minded obstinacy extensive carpooling and couchsurfing
- Free as in freedom
- What does the Wikimedia Foundation do?
- Australian copyright law 101
- Wikis in schools/education
- (en.wp) Administrator panel/discussion
- (en.wp) Arbitration 101
- Local Wikiproject reports (WP:MELB, WP:PERTH etc)
- Intro to Wikimedia Commons
- Intro to Wikinews
- Intro to Wikisource
- What does the future hold?
- (do we have Wikibooks/Wikiversity experts?)
- en.wp howtos: sourcing, templates?
When & whereEdit
- Melbourne: 20 September - 5 October
- Brisbane: 20 September - 5 October
- Sydney: 27 September - 12 October
- Adelaide: 27 September - 12 October
- Perth: 27 September – 12 October