Wikimedia Australia/Future meeting items
Some of the key items that we need to start thinking about:
- Australian Wiki conference for 2009
- Organising group
- Spreading the word
- Press contacts
- Targeted messages. E.g. "Photographers contribute to Wikipedia" (rather than just "anyone can edit") (Pengo)
- Gather stories from contributors
- Other activities
- Educating educators
- Press and education committees have been silent for a while - time to shake things up?
- Charity status of organisation (tax-deductible donations) --> ability for Australians to donate to Wikipedia via Wikimedia Australia and have the donation treated as tax-deductible. Donama 03:14, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
These will probably form the basis of agenda items at one of the early meetings following incorporation, but discussion should probably start as soon as we have incorporated.