- Angela: I'm also interested in the education one, but I'd like to focus just on press to start with. I'm also a member of the Wikimedia Communications Committee, so I can act as an intermediary between the two groups when necessary.
- Although I'm also interested in helping out with education, my interest is in spreading interest and recognition with the wider community. enochlau (talk) 15:14, 13 June 2006 (UTC)
- Sarah Ewart 11:38, 17 July 2006 (UTC)
- Witty lama
- I'm a little busy right now, but I would be willing to help out with both committees if you need anybody. Littleteddy 10:58, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- I'm interested in this, but wondering whether the focus is on producing and promoting content usable by schools etc, or by promoting use of wikis in schools. I presume it's the former. In which case quality and resources concern me, as in how can we ensure the quality is high enough to be used in a formal curriculum, and do we have enough people interested to produce complete works? Also just by-the-by, wikibooks: has European History as their current BOTM - is this the kind of content that is being considered that we could produce? pfctdayelise 15:20, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
- I want to be on this. I think the focus would be on both in all honesty. We are looking at promoting wiki in education. My suggestion was that producing content which we can use in schools will allow us to gain some trust about our projects - Nathan Carter (Talk) 23:44, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
- I've already expressed my interest, but I'll put my name down here for the officialness of it all. In my mind, the focus is on two things: the use of Wikimedia content as a research tool, and the use of Wikis (and MediaWiki in particular) as a learning tool. Perhaps we should form a subpage to discuss this. Confusing Manifestation 12:48, 11 June 2006 (UTC)
- I'm certainly interested in this. I'm particularly interested in working to get wikis into schools, since I think that familiarity with the technology will help people accept wiki content more generally. Getting schools to produce their own content, as Nathan said, would be ideal. --bainer (talk) 14:15, 21 June 2006 (UTC)
- As an educator in training, I would be very interested in contributing to this. Orderinchaos 08:22, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
It's time we held our first Education Committee meeting, and we should try to have it in the next fortnight or so. How does next Sunday (July 23rd) sound? Confusing Manifestation 13:20, 16 July 2006 (UTC)
- OK, that didn't pan out. I'm leaving messages on everyone's talk pages, so can we please discuss possible meeting times below?
- Now is not a particularly good time for me in general, but I can make time for a meeting. Best bets are weekends during the day, or late night any day. Confusing Manifestation 00:45, 21 August 2006 (UTC)
- Count me out for the time being as I'm a lot busier than I expected, this semester. :( Sorry. pfctdayelise 06:56, 21 August 2006 (UTC)
- Weekends during the day is ok, although advance notice would be required. Weekend evenings are good, weekday evenings not so much. Also, we could always get the ball rolling with some conversation starters here on-wiki. --bainer (talk) 04:03, 22 August 2006 (UTC)