Short presentation of the chapterEdit
- Founded in September 2007 (officially recognized as chapter in December 2007)
- Has 70 members
- Is the first chapter of the Spanish-speaking world and also the first of the Southern Hemisphere.
What has been done so farEdit
Plans for the futureEdit
- Stimulate the development of native languages Wikipedias (we are signed a cooperation treaty with INADI)
- Develop a Spanish-language version of Wikipedia offline
- Giving support to teachers and educational institutions on the Wikipedia usage in the class
- Create a book on Social Memory focused on Argetina's last military government, the return to democracy, and the implicances in human rights in Argentina.
- Wikimania 2009
- Workshops with school teachers and students
- Relation with mass media local press
- Local bureaucracy
- Inadequate budget