Wikimania 2015 bid selection timeline
This is a rough timeline for the Wikimania 2015 selection. Please note that these times may be subject to some revision. You should check back to the scheduled date of the item for which you're interested; or subscribe to mail:wikimania-l for announcements.
- October, 2013: Wikimania 2015 jury [ call for volunteers]
- December 2013: Jury selection announced; Bidding officially opens
- 23:59 UTC 31 January 2014: Bidding creation closes; list of running cities announced by Jury.
- All cities which intend to run for the bidding process should have created a page on meta and entered the official list. New bids will not be accepted after this date. At this stage the Bid should include a proposed venue, list of several team members, and proposed local partners (municipality, unversity, etc.)
- 23:59 UTC 15 March 2014 : Bidding ends; all major information on the bid pages must be final.
- Mid-March 2014: Question & Answer phase begins; bid teams answer questions from Jury and public and refine their bids.
- End-March/Early April 2014: First public meeting with bidders on IRC (#wikimaniaconnect channel on Freenode). The meeting is planned to last 90-120 minutes.
- Early April: Meetings with bidders and jury committee on IRC (#wikimaniaconnect channel on Freenode) and/or Skype.
- Mid-April 2014: beginning of Jury deliberation and recommendation to Steering Committee and WMF
- May/June 2014: Due diligence performed on recommended bid and subsequent announcement of winning bid.