Wikimania 2014 bid selection timeline
This is a rough timeline for the Wikimania 2014 selection. Please note that these times may be subject to some revision. You should check back to the scheduled date of the item for which you're interested; or subscribe to mail:wikimania-l for announcements.
- Done 10 February 2013: Wikimania 2014 jury call for volunteers; Bidding officially opens
- Done 17 February 2013: Jury selection announced
- Done 23:59 UTC 3 March 2013: Bidding creation closes; list of running cities announced by Jury.
- All cities which intend to run for the bidding process should have created a page on meta and entered the official list. New bids will not be accepted after this date. At this stage the Bid should include at the very least a proposed venue, list of several team members, and proposed local partners (municipality, unversity, etc.)
- Done 23:59 UTC 17 March 2013: Bidding ends; all major information on the bid pages must be final.
- Done Mid-March 2013: Question & Answer phase begins; bid teams answer questions from Jury and public and refine their bids.
- Done Early-April 2013: Public meeting with bidders on IRC (#wikimaniaconnect channel on Freenode). The meeting is planned to last 90-120 minutes.
- Done Mid-April 2013: Question & Answer phase ends; beginning of Jury deliberation.
- Done 1 May 2013: Jury decision made; announcement of host city to bidders and public.