Wikigraphists Bootcamp (2018 India)/Participation/Saumyaanaidu
- Wikimedia Commons
The workshop was extremely helpful in understanding Inkscape better as a design tool. I also learnt how to make theoretical concepts on design more engaging for the participants. The panel discussion on Design and the Open Knowledge Movement as part of the workshop was insightful and brought up several ideas on how the engagement between design and Wikipedia can be taken forward through design education, practice and academia. I plan to use these insights in the future collaborations.
- What worked well?
- The online sessions held prior to the workshop were helpful in familiarising the participants as well as the facilitators with the concepts and tools.
- The practice based approach of the workshop was also effective.
- What didn't work well?
- Poor internet connectivity at the venue caused some hindrance in the workshop.
- The panel discussion from could have been promoted better for higher attendance.
- What do you think could have been done better?
- The theory session on design concepts initially could have been made more concise and interactive.
- It was enlightening to meet and connect with all the participants. Their enthusiasm for learning and creating work for the community was inspiring and encouraging.