Wikiglot is a proposed project for establishing structured linguistic information on languages for assisting in language acquisition.
Wikiglot would provide a standardized packaging of language meta-data to fascillitate translators and language users. Uniques Wikiglot features would integrate exiting interwiki content to aide in illustrating the language aspects described in the language package and generating practice exercises.
People Interested edit
- Please discuss the idea as a whole on the talk page.
- Naming for the proposal should be discussed at Wikiglot/Name.
- Discussion about existing similar ideas should be made at Wikiglot/Others.
- Technical aspects of the project can be discussed at Wikiglot/Technical.
Wikiglot Terms edit
This list explains the meaning of the following terms within the context of this proposal:
- entry language: native or preferred language used by user and selected as entry point into wikiglot
- target [language] : the language the user is investigating using wikiglot
- wkt:gloss: the combined linguistic and transformative resource on wikiglot for a language in the role of target language
- lexicard: list core terminology and explanations of wikiglot interface using entry language.
Language & Linguistics Terms edit
Those who are not familiar with w:Linguistics might or education might find the following useful: